My world...dreams and questions....

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Vice and Advice

Vice and advice have the much respected cause-effect relationship. I kind of realized this yesterday as I was listening to a friend's problem. Not quite a close friend, but well, I think it doesn't really matter to lend a listening ear to someone who wants to speak up and is comfortable doing that in front of you. It's so hard to change habits. You know what's wrong - where exactly is the problem arising from, but you want to eliminate that part saying "I am just the way I am". I myself use that so often.

It feels great when you think that someone can be on the same page as you. After this same-page-story, I believe people usually fall into two categories - one of people who want advice from you and take it gladly if you offer some, and the other of people who know the facts and figures too well to take any advice that you offer them. Not that they know everything, but just that they know what you have to tell them. I fall into this second category. I am someone who just wants shoulders to cry on (quite often wanting those shoulders without even telling them why I need them). I hate being adviced. And I hate depending.

And then, there are people we take for granted - people whom we expect to be there all the time, people who could read our faces without looking and our voice without hearing, people whom we expect to know everything without describing them. I presume that telepathy exists. But apparently it doesn't....

Arghh!! That was too much of philosophy, I guess. I needed to blurt out something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home