My world...dreams and questions....

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Diwali !

So the fun filled enthralling day of Diwali has begun (about to end in India ). The best part was that I got to talk to a couple of friends from India. But I am unable to talk to someone :(
Neways, I am hoping people in India must be enjoying their day to the fullest, and as the night takes over, the excitement doubles...
Diwali in India, for us used to be a busy affair - going to people's houses to greet them ... And in the evening, lighting diyas and candles in the vicinity of the house. We celebrated Diwali with our cousins always. So it was 2 times the fun. Play some music on full volume, have fun, dance, masti n dhoom for quite some time till the elder members of the family get back home. Me and my sis used to be dance freaks ;) And then, we would do a collective Pooja. Believe it or not, the Pooja was eagerly awaited, because we performed it together, n moreover it would such a pleasant fun filled atmosphere. It was truly the best part of our celebrations. And a couple of crackers. And then jua. Hehehehehehe...
The ones who didn't know Flash (it's a card game) would pair up with someone and pool in money with that person. All wins and losses were shared equally amonst partners. And with so much to do in a single day, the day would finally be over.. Leaving happy memories, which remain freshly fragrant even today ....
It seems like I've forgotten all the Bhangra I'd learnt while I was in Punjab ...
But it's alright...
Times change, and we change with time (probably).
But I truly miss those times!
I know I don't have a lot of people who read my blog. But all those who do read it once a while, Happy Diwali to all of u...May God bless u all, and may He give u the very best in life. May He take away all your pains, and sufferings, and may he bless and love your loved ones as well !!!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home